Saturday, April 3, 2010

BP4_2010041_Web2Tools




I have been searching for a Web 2.0 tool for about 2 months, even before this class started. I learned about three Web 2.0 tools (SpanishPod, Lenguajero, and Jog the Web). I kept exploring and testing “Jog the Web.” This Web 2.0 tool has been an excellent tool for my action research project. My Action Research project is in good shape thanks to “Jog the Web.” I was designing “WebQuests” to motivate my students in learning Spanish, but I needed a Web 2.0 tool to deliver and share them with the world. I created two main projects for my students using “Jog the Web.”

“Jog the Web” is free and provides a slide show to viewers. It is a step-by-step approach through Web sites allowing the teacher (author) to annotate and ask guiding questions for each Web page. Students will answer these questions on paper or reply by posting their comments. In my classes, Jog the Web provides scaffolding and high critical thinking opportunities while students are learning about the Spanish culture and language. It also helps students to develop strong research skills. This Web 2.0 tool can be used by teachers to teach many other subjects or by businesses to create presentations. Also users have the opportunity to search other teachers’ lessons, presentations, or projects. Moreover this is an excellent Web 2.0 tool for collaboration and discussions.

So far this Web 2.0 tool has been reliable and workable for all my students. It is friendly and easy to use and follow. The most important thing is that my students’ motivation has increased in the last three weeks. I have designed about 25 WebQuests, but I recently taught two of them through “Jog the Web.” My goal is to reach more 21st century learners through the use of my WebQuests via “Jog the Web.”

Here are two links of my Online WebQuests: "Puerto Rico" and "Mi Rutina."












7 comments:

  1. Hola Maritza,

    This is a great website! I already bookmarked it. I explored some Spanish and French resources; I am truly amazed by the amount of information provided and how well they are organized. Like you Maritza, I am going to be using this 2.0 website in my AR project.
    Thank you so much for sharing!
    ¡Muchísimas gracias por compartir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This sounds incredible! I may ask you questions in the near future!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maritza! Thanks so much for sharing the Job the Web application! I can't wait to use it with my fourth graders! I enjoyed watching the two you shows you gave as examples and found myself very excited about the possibilities this tool holds for fourth grade social studies. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool. I can see how using Jog The Web could be used to guide a student through an activity. For example, in my class we use blogger and GeoGebra to do construction homework. Jog the Web would have enabled me to create annotations as I guide my students through the steps rather than having them watch videos and then repeat those steps, providing a more interactive experience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://lilliestudwoodcom.blogspot.com/2010/04/your-posting-is-very-interesting-way-to.html

    ReplyDelete